NUTRITIENT COMPOSITION OF CHEESE
The cheese products listed include:
• Cottage cheese (full-fat)
• Cottage cheese (fat-free)
• Cream cheese
• Ricotta cheese
• Cheddar cheese
• Gouda cheese
• Mozzarella cheese
• Full-fat processed cheese
• Medium fat processed cheese spread
• Blue cheese
Nutritional composition tables for other dairy products which are available in this section are:
Notation for the tables:
[su_spoiler title=”References” class=”my-custom-spoiler”]
- SMIT LE; SMITH N; SCHÖNFELDT HC & HEINZE PH. 1998. The nutritional content of South African Cheese. Dairy Industry Centre, ARC-Animal Nutrition and Animal Products Institute, Irene.
- US DEPARTMENT OF AGRICULTURE, Agricultural Research Service. 1998. USDA Nutrient database for Standard Reference, release 12. Nutrient data Laboratory Home page, http://www.ars.usda.gov/nutrient- data (Last update, May 2008).
- HOLLAND B, UNWIN ID & BUSS DH. 1989. Milk Products and Eggs. The fourth supplement to McCane & Widdowson’s The Composition of Foods (4th Edition). The Royal Society of Chemistry and Ministry of Agriculture, Fisheries and Food.
- SAYED N, FRANS Y & SCHÖNFELDT HC. 1999. Composition of South African Foods. Milk & Milk Products, Eggs, Meat & Meat products. SAFCOD. Medical Research Council.
- As per calculated value.
(-) Missing values.