About the CEP Project
Consumer Education Project
The project aims to convey the health and nutritional benefits of dairy and is continually evaluated and developed.
The Consumer Education Project (CEP) is an initiative of Milk South Africa (Milk SA). Milk SA is a voluntary, non-profit company set up to promote the development of the dairy industry. Its’ members are Milk Producer’s Organisation (MPO) and South African Milk Processors Organisation (SAMPRO).
The project is multidisciplinary as it uses expert knowledge from different disciplines that is communicated to the target audiences through television, radio and print. A combination of sound scientific information and good understanding of consumer behaviour anchors the project. The project conveys messages that cannot be communicated adequately through conventional branded advertising.
Identity and logo
The logo and the trademarks reflect what we are all about. Each of the three parts of the heart represents a dairy product, it can be explained as follows:
- The blue circle is a glass of milk viewed from above
- The pink square with the circle represent a yoghurt pot
- The orange wedge represents a piece of cheese
- The heart wrapped around these three icons indicates a complete whole, ‘love dairy’ it is wholesome and nutritious
- Rediscover dairy™ refers to the fact that the project wants to bring all the benefits of dairy to the attention of the consumer. The consumer must discover these benefits yet again for him or herself. Too often does an adult forget how nutritious dairy can be for an individual of all ages. It is important to use dairy throughout life.
- The 3-A-DAY™ represents the fact that a person should ensure that they have three portions of dairy a day
- All the above elements together provide us with our identity
The purpose of the project is not only to serve the interests of the dairy industry but also to empower the consumer with information to help them make responsible choices